Welcome to the homepage for Windward Village Property Owners Association. Windward Village At Terra Vista is located in Citrus County, Hernando, Florida.
Windward Village is comprised of Hillside South, Hillside South First Addition, Hillside South Second Addition, Fenway Minor Subdivision, Hampton Hills First Addition, Hampton Hills Second Addition, Woodside Unit One and Skyview Glen.
We hope that this website will provide useful information about Association business and current activities.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The 2017 Annual Meeting for the residents and property owners in Windward Village communities will be held April 13, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.. The meeting will be held at the offices of Villages Services Cooperative located at 2541 N. Reston Terrace in Hernando, FL.
One important piece of business to be conducted at this meeting is the election of Directors for the expiring slots of two of our current Directors. Your Board would like to encourage anyone who is a property owner in any of the Windward Village communities and who would like to volunteer to be on the Board providing guidance and oversight of the operations and finances of Windward Village to participate in this open election process.
To participate, one should submit a one page (or less) biographical sketch highlighting your skills, career accomplishments and attributes that residents may find useful in your ability to serve on the BOD. This "bio" may be handwritten or typed. It must be submitted to either: one of the current Board members (listed elsewhere on this website) or our community manager Trudy McLaughlin at Villages Services Cooperative. All bios must be received by the Board or Ms. McLaughlin by MARCH 1, 2017. This will enable us to list you as a nominee and include your bio with the pre-Annual Meeting materials being sent to all residents later in March.
Note that several of the current Board members have been serving for several years. While they willingly commit their time...they don't want to serve in this capacity forever. For this reason it is important that other resident volunteers step forward and help share the burden of managing our community. It is not a huge time commitment. If you have the time and interest please consider volunteering to participate in the election process this year. Thank you.
Homes in Windward Village and all of Terra Vista are governed by the watering restrictions published by the Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFLWMD). The current lawn watering restrictions for the unincorporated areas of Citrus County allow residents to water ONCE a week.  (June 5, 2017 - August 1, 2017); Watering must be done before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m. New plant material may be irrigated during a 60-day establishment period (restrictions apply).
- Addresses with house number ending in 0 or 1 irrigate on Monday
- Addresses with house number ending in 2 or 3 irrigate on Tuesday
- Addresses with house number ending in 4 or 5 irrigate on Wednesday
- Addresses with house number ending in 6 or 7 irrigate on Thursday
- Addresses with house number ending in 8 or 9 irrigate on Friday
- Residents can hand-water their gardens and shrubbery, but not lawns, any time during the week.
- New Lawns & Plants have a 30-30 establishment period, which allows any-day watering during the first 30 days. During the second 30 days, watering is allowed every other day: even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday: odd-numbered addresses may water Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.